SITE LISTINGS :
- Antioxidant Activities of Flavonoids
- Report on the antioxidant activity of the prenylated flavonoids such as xanthohumol (a chalcone) and isoxanthohumol and 6-prenylnaringenin (flavanones).
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/f-w00/flavonoid.html (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Antioxidant Capacity and Health Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables
- Analyzes the metabolic processes of free radicals. Introduces the antioxidant capacities of fruits and vegetables, and health benefits of consumption of fruits and vegetables. Including an evaluation of antioxidant properties of blueberries.
http://www.ushbc.org/antioxidants.htm (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Antioxidant Supplements
- Antioxidants fact sheet offers information on free radicals and the health benefits of antioxidants. Including an introduction of the major antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, veta-carotene, and selenium).
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/antioxidant.php (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Antioxidants and Cancer Prevention
- National Cancer Institute's fact sheet presenting information on the clinical trials of preventing cancer with antioxudants, Including a recommendation of foods rich in antioxidants.
http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/pressreleases/antioxidants (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Antioxidants and Free Radicals
- Presents the fact of antioxidant supplements' performance in preventing cance, heart disease, exercise and oxidative damage induced by free radicals.
http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/antiox.html (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Foods Highest in Antioxidants
- USDA study of the best sources of food antioxidants. Includes data and ranking of top 20 antioxidants including small red bean, wild blueberry, red kidney bean, pinto bean, and cranberry, etc.
http://hdlighthouse.org/treatment-care/care/hdltriad/diet/updates/1116antioxidant.php (Added: 9-Apr-2005)
- Tuberose.com: Antioxidants and Phytochemicals
- Offers educational information on the antioxidant effects of phytochemicals including carnitine, carnosine, carotenoids, lycopene, coenzyme Q-10, alpha lipoic acid, polyphenols, flavonoids, anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, and xanthones.
http://tuberose.com/Antioxidants.html (Added: 9-Apr-2005)