SITE LISTINGS :
- Nutritional facts and information on hormone estrogen, with reviews on the hormonal health benefits, biological functions, and side effects of estrogen.
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/hormones/estrogens.php (Added: 28-Aug-2005)
- In-depth research on estrogen and progesterone, including information on indications and usages, side effects, women's health initiative results, doses of estrogen, beneficial effect on bone density, effects of estrogen on the cardiovascular system, and mechanisms of action.
http://courses.washington.edu/bonephys/opestrogen.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen and Estrogen with Progestin Therapies
- Provides updated product information for estrogen- and progestin-containing drug products used for treating postmenopausal symptoms, allows individuals to understand the risks and benefits of estrogen and make appropriate health care decisions.
http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/estrogens_progestins/default.htm (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen and Magazines
- Examines the role magazines play in their readers' decisions to pursue hormone replacement therapy.
http://www.acsh.org/publications/pubID.502/pub_detail.asp (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen and Memory
- Discussion of the influence of estrogen hormone replacement therapy on cognitive functioning to protect against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease.
http://www.apa.org/monitor/jan01/estrogen.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen and the Brain
- Discussion of estrogen and other reproductive hormones acting on the brain, by Marilyn Davis from Southern Illinois University.
http://www.siu.edu/worda/persp/f99/estrogen.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen Dependent Tumors and Herbs
- An essay by Subhuti Dharmanada, discusses how modern conditions change traditional practices, and investigates the current concerns and uses of Chinese herbal medicine and plant estrogens in breast cancer, women's health, and anti-aging treatment.
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/estdep.htm (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen Receptors/SERMs
- National Cancer Institute publications on estrogen receptors, estrogen-induced changes in cell behavior, estrogen-induced stimulation of cell proliferation, estrogen and breast cancer, SERMs, estrogen plus progesterone replacement, raloxifene and the possible prevention of cancer, estrogen replacement during menopause.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/understandingcancer/estrogenreceptors (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Professional review of estrogen replacement therapy, discusses the pharmacology of synthetic and nonsynthetic (natural) estrogens; adverse effects including endometrial hyperplasia, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, cholelithiasis, thromboembolic disease, hypertension, impaired glucose tolerance; and the pharmacology and adverse effects of progestins.
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mm_geriatrics/sec14/ch120.jsp (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Overview of estrogen replacement therapy, including discussion on the role of estrogen in the body and the reproductive system, advantages and disadvantages of estrogen replacement therapy.
http://www.macalester.edu/~psych/whathap/UBNRP/Estrogen/ERT.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy and Mood
- Explores the effect of estrogen replacement therapy on mood in menopausal women and the mechanics of this effect. Including information on depression and menopause, estrogen's effects on serotonin and norepinephrine, effects of adding progestin to ERT.
http://www.macalester.edu/~psych/whathap/UBNRP/Estrogen/ERTmood.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- Estrogen's Influence on the Brain
- Discusses how estrogen carries out its brain functions for treatments that could protect against ailments of old age. Insight on how memories are made and how dementia is born. The development of customized estrogen-type drugs that act on the brain.
http://web.sfn.org/content/Publications/BrainBriefings/estrogen.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)
- MedlinePlus: Estrogen
- Patient guide to the uses for estrogen, application methods, special precautions, dietary instructions, side effects, storage conditions. Including detailed instruction on how to use this medicine (oral estrogen tablet, skin patch, and vaginal cream).
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682922.html (Added: 18-Apr-2005)