SITE LISTINGS :
- Dietary Protein & Bone Health
- Learn about the protein's relationship with bone health. Detailed analysis of protein's effect on calcium metabolism, protein's effect on bone health, interaction of dietary calcium and protein on bone health.
http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Health/Digest/dcd74-5Page1.htm (Added: 12-Apr-2005)
- Nutrition Fact Sheet: Protein
- Northwestern University's nutrition fact sheet on the biological value of protein, classification of amino acids, protein malnutrition, protein deficiency and toxicity, daily intake and dietary sources of protein nutrition.
http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/nutrition/factsheets/protein.html (Added: 12-Apr-2005)
- Protein Information Sheet
- Vegetarian's guide to protein nutrition, with information on the functions of protein nutrients, dietary sources of protein, reference nutrient intakes for protein, and a meal plan to meet the reference nutrient intakes for protein.
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/protein.html (Added: 12-Apr-2005)
- Protein: Nutrition Source
- Illustrates the importances of protein nutrition, protein's health benefits agains chronic diseases (cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer), protein's role in weight control, and the dietary sources and daily recommendations for protein intake. Includes a detailed study on soy's performance to lower cholesterol, chill hot flashes, prevent breast and prostate cancer, aid weight loss, and ward off osteoporosis.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/protein.html (Added: 12-Apr-2005)
- Nutritional facts and information on proteins, with reviews on the health benefits, dietary sources, deficiency symptoms, and side effects of protein supplement.
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/nutrients/proteins.php (Added: 28-Aug-2005)
- Research on protein structure, peptide bond, properties of amino acids, protein structure determination, protein stability, protein denaturation, and gelation of globular proteins.
http://www.friedli.com/herbs/phytochem/proteins.html (Added: 12-Apr-2005)
- Soy Protein Health Claims
- Discusses the health benefits of different kind of soy protein products and the most common sources of soy protein.
http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/nutrition/soy_protein.html (Added: 12-Apr-2005)