SITE LISTINGS :
- eMedicine - Beriberi (Thiamine Deficiency)
- Professional medical advices covering information on beriberi (thiamine deficiency) clinical features, causes, diagnosis, medical treatment options, diet therapies, and follow-up cares.
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic221.htm (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- Food Data Chart - Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
- Detailed data of thiamin dietary sources and supplement content on a wide range of food.
http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/info/books-phds/books/foodfacts/html/data/data4a.html (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- Linus Pauling Institute: Thiamine
- Professional review covering information on the uses, functions, food sources, causes and symptoms of deficiency, diseas prevention and treatment, drug interactions, and recommened daily intakes of thiamine (vitamin B1).
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/thiamin/ (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- MedlinePlus: Thiamine
- Medical advices on thiamine's uses, recommended daily allowances, special dietary instructions, storage conditions, and side effects.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682586.html (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- Risk Assessment: Thiamine
- Thiamine risk assessment documents, including information on biotin chemistry, natural occurrence, occurrence in food, food supplements and medicines, recommended amounts, analysis of tissue levels and riboflavin status, non-nutritional benefits, function, deficiency, interactions, absorption and bioavailability, distribution and metabolism, excretion, and toxicity. [PDF]
http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/evm_thiamin.pdf (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- A detailed description of thiamine, including information on its functions, health benefits, and deficiency symptoms.
http://www.greatvistachemicals.com/vitamins-vitamin/thiamine-vitamin-b1.html (Added: 15-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) fact sheet offering details on the functions, health benefits, dosage, sources, deficiency and overdose symptoms of this vitamin.
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/vitamin-B1-thiamine.php (Added: 15-Apr-2005)