SITE LISTINGS :
- Calcium and Vitamin D
- Eating a balanced diet with enough calcium and vitamin D is a key step in the prevention of osteoporosis. Food sources, supplementation dosage of vitamin D and calcium.
http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/guides/calcium.htm (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin D
- Consumer's guide to the sources of vitamin D, recommended intake for infants, children, and adults, vitamin D deficiency risk factors and prevention, the effects of vitamin D on osteoporosis, cancer, steroids and Alzheimer's disease, health risks of vitamin D overdose.
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind.asp (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Linux Pauling Institute: Vitamin D
- Discussion of function, deficiency, disease prevention, disease treatment, food sources, supplements, research, drug interactions, and recommendations from the Linus Pauling Institute.
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminD/ (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Nutrition Fact Sheet: Vitamin D
- Nutrition fact sheet about vitamin D, its physiological functions, factors affecting availability, deficiency, toxicity, daily reference intakes (DRI), and dietary sources.
http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/nutrition/factsheets/vitamin-d.html (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin D (Calciferol)
- A detailed description of calciferol, including information on its basic functions, health benefits, and deficiency symptoms.
http://www.greatvistachemicals.com/vitamins-vitamin/calciferol-vitamin-d.html (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin D (Calciferol)
- Vitamin D (calciferol) fact sheet offering details on the functions, health benefits, dosage, sources, deficiency and overdose symptoms of this vitamin.
http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/vitamin-D.php (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Offers information on the structure and synthesis, physiological effects, vitamin D deficiency and toxicity of vitamin D.
http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/endocrine/otherendo/vitamind.html (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin D and Healthy Bones
- Vitamin D supplementation guide including advices on adequate intakes (AI) for vitamin D, foods and supplements containing vitamin D, special considerations, food label for vitamin D products.
http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/osteo/vitd.htm (Added: 16-Apr-2005)
- Vitamin D Toxicity
- Symptoms, complications of vitamin D overdose toxicity, and recommendations on dietary intake to avoid vitamin D toxicity.
http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/courses/as625/625vitd.html (Added: 16-Apr-2005)